Use Hotmail as a Exchange Account on your iPhone
Hotmail or Windows Live do support ActiveSync for Mobile Devices like Windows Phone 7, iOS, Blackberry and so on. But it does not support Desktop Clients like Mac OS X Mail, iCal and Apple Address Book. For Windows Computers with Outlook I recommend using Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector.
So if you wanna setup your Hotmail account as an Exchange account instead of a POP3 account on your iPhone, thats how you do it.
- Open Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tab on “Add Account…”
- Now you get a menu for adding accounts, here tab on Microsoft Exchange
- Now add your Email address and account name (your account name is the same as your email address
- Tab on next, you will get again the menu with the account data. Now add the Server m.hotmail.com
- Now you can Sync Mail, Contacts and Calendars from your Hotmail Account with your iPhone