Here I will show you how you can simply create a new Image in WDS (Windows Deployment Services). You can use this to create own Images for your Servers or PCs or update existing Images.
- Add Capture Images to your WDS
- Update your Computer or VM with the latest Software.
- Use Sysprep to generalize the Machine. You can find sysprep.exe in C:\Windows\System32\sysprep
- After the Reboot boot into PXE and boot the Windows Capture Image
- Now you can use the Image Capture Wizard
- Choose which volume you want to capture if you have just one partion in your installed Image the Volume would be D:\ (C: is the booted Windows PE from the Windows Deployment Service)
- Now you have to choose the name of the WIM file and the location, before you can upload it to the WDS Server you have to save it on a local partion. After that you can choose your WDS Server and the Image Group you want to upload the image after the Volume is captured.
- Now the capturing process will start
- After the capturing process is finished and the image is uploaded you can find the Image in the Image group on your WDS Server
- Now you can Rollout this new Image
Great work !
I am trying to get this process to work but am not seeing the
PXE and boot the Windows Capture Image option on my deployment screen.
This is the first time I have tried this way of creating a image and deploying it using
WDS in this way.
Would there be specific files I am missing in my pxe boot area ?
Any help you could provide would fantastic.
Thank’s a lot! Great article! Really cool.