Last week I took the Microsoft Private Cloud Exam 70-246: Monitoring and Operating Private Cloud with System Center 2012 and got with this the MCSE: Private Cloud certification. I also did the beta exam 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
Now to my experience with the this exam. First of all you can see that Hyper-V is one of the new key features in Windows Server 2012 and you will get a lot of questions about Hyper-V. I got something round 45 questions. The question do pretty much match the list on the exam site. And I would recommend that you check out the new TechNet articles about Windows Server 2012. But I am sure it is much easier to pass the exam if you have worked with the new release of Windows Server 2012. Download the evaluation versions of Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate and test the new features.
You as mentioned on the exam site you should check out the following topics:
- New features in Hyper-V. So I would recommend reading my blog post about the new features in Hyper-V 2012.
- Upgrading to Windows Server 2012
- New PowerShell cmdlets. Here my blog posts about Networking and Disk Management with PowerShell can help you.
- NIC Teaming
- Active Directory and GPOs
- Print server
- Windows Server Core. This blog post about adding and removing the GUI can may help you.
You can get more information on the official Microsoft Certification site for exam 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
Tags: 70-410, Certification, Exam, Hyper-V, Microsoft, MSCE, Private Cloud, Virtualization, Windows Server, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server Core Last modified: June 24, 2012