This HowTo should show you how to install a VPN Server on Windows Server 2008 R2. This is a HowTo for a small environment or a stand-alone hosted Server.
- Install the Role “Network Policy and Access Services” with the Server Manager
- Select the Role Services “Routing and Remote Access Services”
- Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access in the Server Manager.
- Choose “Custom Configuration” if you just have one Network Interface in the Server
- Choose “VPN access”
- Finish and click next
- Allow access for users “Network Access Permission”. You can set that in de Dial-In Tab under the User Premission.
- Open Ports in your Firewall
For PPTP: 1723 TCP 47 GRE
For L2TP over IPSEC: 1701 TCP 500 UDP
For SSTP: 443 TCP
Optional: If you don’t have a DHCP Server in your local network you have to add a static address pool. This could be if you have a stand-alone Server by your provider.