Capacity Planner for Hyper-V Replica updated
Back in 2013 Microsoft released a tool called Capacity Planner for Hyper-V Replica. Hyper-V Replica Capacity Planner allowed IT Administrators to measure and plan their Replica integration based on the workload, storage, network, and server characteristics. Today Aashish Ramdas announced on the TechNet Virtualization blog that Microsoft has updated the Hyper-V Replica Capacity Planner. The new version now support Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V, Windows Azure Hyper-V Recovery Manager and some other cool stuff based on the feedback of customers.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in a single tool
- Support for Extended Replication
- Support for virtual disks placed on NTFS, CSVFS, and SMB shares
- Monitoring of multiple standalone hosts simultaneously
- Improved performance and scale – up to 100 VMs in parallel
- Replica site input is optional – for those still in the planning stage of a DR strategy
- Report improvements – e.g.: reporting the peak utilization of resources also
- Improved guidance in documentation
- Improved workflow and user experience
It’s great to see Microsoft improving free tools which help implement their solutions.