Finally 2012 is over and I am enjoying holidays. Don’t get me wrong, 2012 was awesome, and I am not just talking about work. As I did in 2011, I meet a lot of great and interesting people, I was able to work in some great projects and I had the chance to travel a lot.
Last year I wrote a blog post with some predictions for 2012, which I would like to comment.
- 2012 will be the year of Hyper-V – Okay I think Microsoft did a really good job and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V changed a lot of minds, but with the missing System Center 2012 SP1 a lot of customers were waiting to do a change or a upgrade and I think 2013 will be even a better year for Hyper-V than 2012.
- Windows 8 will be released – Yes Windows 8 was released in 2012 and I personally love this operating system. I think there is still a lot of work to do, to teach people how Windows 8 works and how great it is.
- I will buy my first Windows Tablet – Yes I bought my first Windows tablet, the Microsoft Surface RT. It was hard for me to wait so long but it was totally worth it.
- My blog will hit the magic line of 2000 unique visitors a day – Yeah in the middle of February 2012 my blog hit 2000 unique visitors a day. Thanks to all the people visiting, reading, commenting and working with me on my blog, I think that’s one of the reasons I have so much fun running this blog.
- A lot of interesting projects – Yes I will talk about that later.
- System Center 2012 changes the datacenter – Yes think it’s true but the same will be true for System Center 2012 SP1 and Windows Server 2012.
- Windows Phone will get some market share – Okay maybe not that much but I am still sure that Windows Phone is a great mobile operating system with really cool devices.
- I will do my private cloud proof of concept for my diploma thesis – yes I did that as planned.
This are just a few moment of my personal year 2012, but there was a lot more. It’s very interesting to summarize some of the moments and achievements of 2012.
- First I started my new job as Cloud Architect at itnetx in January 2012. The company is a consulting and engineering company located in Bern/Switzerland. We are focussed on Microsoft Technologies, especially Microsoft Private Cloud Solutions, Microsoft System Center and Microsoft Virtualization.
- In June I past all exams and did my diploma thesis on Microsoft Private Cloud solutons.
- After Microsoft announced the new MCSA and MCSE certifications, I did all the exams to get MCSE: Private Cloud and MCSE: Server Infrastructure.
- SearchWindowsServer.com mentioned me as one of ten experts for Windows Server updates on Twitter.com
- In September I had the chance to visit the Microsoft Campus in Redmond and meeting the System Center product group as part of the Microsoft TAP.
- In October, itnetx gmbh won the Datacenter Partner of the Year Award from Microsoft Switzerland the second time in a row.
- In October I was awarded by Microsoft as Microsoft MVP in the expertice Virtual Machine for the work I did around Hyper-V and Microsoft Virtualization.
- Over the year I had a lot of interesting opportunities to talk about Hyper-V and System Center on different events this year. For example Microsoft TechDays, Geekmania, E2EVC conference or Cisco Partner System Engineer Day.
- Markus Erlacher from Microsoft Switzerland announced that he will be joining itnetx as new managing director in 2013.
- Besides my blog and Twitter, I created other social media sites which allows others to follow my blog on Facebook or Google+
Sure I always had enough and interesting work to do, but I learned how I can mange my spare time so I could make the most out of it and spend it with my friends and family.
Thank you all and happy new year.Tags: 2012, 2013, blog, Happy New Year, Microsoft, Twitter Last modified: December 31, 2012
happy new year thomas and a lot of fun 2013 :)
Wow, what an exciting year, congrats! So proud to have you on board and I’m sure we have many opportunities ready for an exciting 2013 as well! Continue your excellent work on those topics!