Last week I was browsing the web and I found a lot of cool looking home office setups. I realized it is quiet interesting to see how people workplaces look like. With that I want to give a quick look at my home office and my workplace setup. Secondly, I would like to share your setup as well. If you want to share yours write a blog, link it in the comments or show it on Twitter, what ever you like.
This is it, this is my workplace if I am not on the road.
- My main machine today is the 15-inch Surface Book 2 attached to a Dell curved-ultrawide monitor (Dell UltraSharp 38 Monitor – U3818DW), which with Windows 10 and the Snap feature is absolutely great to use.
- I also have a Surface Pro as a company work machine, which I use mostly on the road when I need a real mobile work machine. It has enough powerful to do serious work and still gives you a mobile work experience.
- I am obviously using a lot of Surface accessories like the Surface Precision Mouse, the Surface Pen, the Surface Dial and the Microsoft Modern Keyboard.
- I also use some wireless Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones, not only for travel but also in the home office
- I like the Surface Pen on my Surface Pro to draw some quick stuff or take some notes in Onenote.
Conversation on Twitter
Check out my post on Twitter:
My Workplace 2018 – How does yours look like? https://t.co/oz7H9o0fmy #Surface #Workplace #HomeOffice #Setup pic.twitter.com/EFfmqDV916
— Thomas Maurer (@ThomasMaurer) July 26, 2018
With that you had a sneak peek into my home office, how does yours look like? Feel free to respond on Twitter or here in the blog comments with some pictures of your work setup.Tags: Bose, Dell, Home, Home Office, Microsoft, Modern Keyboard, Monitor, Office, PC Setup, Precision Mouse, Quiet Comfort 35, setup, Surface, Surface Book, Surface Book 2, Surface Pro, U3818DW, Ultrawide, Workplace Last modified: December 15, 2020
[…] Last week, my dear friend, colleague and fellow MVP Thomas Maurer wrote about his workplace and setup for 2018. You can check it here. […]
Nice setup… I have one that’s identical with the DELL 38 U3818DW monitor, works well with the DELL Display Manager and SB2 (16 GB RAM 1 TB SSD); one big issue that I’ve found is that with Skype for Business I cannot share just part of the 38′ screen even though DELL DM let’s me put applications in ‘zones’. I am going to have to use a 24′ or 27′ monitor with 1080p for Skype screen sharing. Maybe (I’m hoping) that Skype 2019 will address the issue with zooming in regards to high DPI and maybe alllow a section of the screen to be shared etc. I have the Pen but rarely use it and do not have the Surface Dial. Kudos!
[…] like UsesThis are over. But behold, a tweet by Thomas Maurer shows up in my timeline linking to his setup. And he is linking to other posts. So I thought I should join the party […]