Today I just passed the last Microsoft Azure exam for the MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect. Since I focus on Microsoft technology, I always try to be certified in the specific areas where I am focused on. With Public and Hybrid Cloud scenarios becoming more and more important, I started to work with Microsoft Azure and other Microsoft Cloud Services such as Office 365, so it made sense to learn more about the solutions and earn the certifications. For the Azure part, Microsoft has a certification called MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect, which includes three different exams:
- 70-532 (Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions)
- 70-533 (Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions)
- 70-534 (Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions)
I already go 70-533 at the beginning of this year, since this was the topic I was working with for quite some time. With Developer and DevOps scenarios becoming more and more important, I decided to prepare also for 70-532, which is focused on the Developer site of Azure, and the 70-534, which is an overall architecture exam. Bringing IT Pro and Developer skills together in this Cloud-focused world makes sense. IT Pros will have to learn some necessary developer skills to make sure they can keep up with the fast-moving cloud world. I am proud the be the second certified MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect within itnetX, after Marcel Zehner. This shows our strong focus, knowledge, and commitment to the Microsoft Cloud Strategy. If you want to do the exams as well, here are some recommendations:
- Get a Microsoft Azure Subscription and start playing and testing. Btw, this is something you should have done a while ago.
- Learn PowerShell, well I have been saying this for years now, learn PowerShell and get some knowledge on that topic, even if it’s not Azure related.
- Install Visual Studio. Yes, you will need this in the future, not just for the exams.
- Check out the Microsoft Certification page and learn about the exams and which skills are measured. Login to Azure and start working with these topics. To be honest, it doesn’t take a lot of time to build some demos.
- Check out the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) courses. Microsoft offers some great exam preparations and courses with several hours of video content, examples, and preparation questions.
- Check out the current Azure Portal and the new Preview Azure Portal.
- Look out for some great blog posts with study guides, for example, from Keith Mayer, Anders Eide, and Marius Sandbu.
With that you will not only pass the exams, you will also learn a lot about how things are going to work in the future.Tags: 70-532, 70-533, 70-534, Azure, Azure Solution Architect, Certification, Cloud, Cloud Computing, Developer, Exam, InTune, IT Pro, itnetx, MCSD, Microsoft, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft InTune, Office 365, PowerShell, Solution Architect Last modified: July 24, 2019