Microsoft released a poster about networking options available in System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 SP1. I am sure there will be also an updated version of the Microsoft Server Posterpedia Windows 8 App really soon.
This poster for VMM in System Center 2012 SP1 can help you:
- Plan your VMM networks using a logical view of VM networks, logical networks, and logical switches using a variety of configurations including VLAN-based configuration, no isolation, network virtualization, external networks, and with no virtual networking.
- Configure networking in VMM using configuration steps by roles including fabric administrators, tenant administrators, or by any user.
- Understand the network object model with diagrams of objects showing the relationships between objects.
- Extend VMM with options including using a vendor network-management server with extensions, connect a VM network to other networks by configuring the VM network with a gateway, and load-balance requests to VMs that make up a VMM service tier by adding a load balancer to VMM.
You can get the poster here: Poster: Networking in Virtual Machine Manager
Make sure you check out our latest blog posts about Hyper-V Networking in System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 SP1.
- Basic Hyper-V Networking in System Center 2012 SP1 – Virtual Machine Manager
- Using System Center 2012 SP1 – Virtual Machine Manager Logical Switch with Hyper-V
There is also a poster for Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V available: Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Component Architecture Poster and Companion ReferencesTags: Hyper-V, Management, Microsoft, Networking, Networking in Virtual Machine Manager, Poster, SCVMM, System Center, System Center 2012, System Center 2012 SP1, Virtual Machine Manager, Virtual machines, VMM, Windows Server, Windows Server 2012 Last modified: January 7, 2019