Microsoft today showed a new video in their Building Windows 8 video series. Today Microsoft showed the next release of Hyper-V which is integrated in Windows 8 as a Windows Feature.
Hyper-V 3.0 offers some really cool new features, a lot is not official but I am sure Microsoft has some great features ready.
- Support for 32 vCPUs per VM (Hyper-V R2 supports 4)
- Support for 512GB vRAM per VM (Hyper-V R2 supports 64GB)
- New VHDX file format which supports a maximum of 16TB (VHDs in Hyper-V R2 support only 2TB disks)
- Support for WiFi Network adapters
- Windows 8 Client includes Hyper-V 3.0
- Live Storage Migration (LUN to LUN, Disk to Disk, Disk to USB Storage)
Pictures from hyper-v.nu
More Information:features, Hyper-V, Hyper-V 3.0, Hyper-V R3, Live Storage Migration, Microsoft, vCPU, VHD, VHDX, vRAM, Windows, Windows 8, Windows 8 Client, Windows Server Last modified: September 7, 2011