HP Elitebook comparison
I thinking about buying a new notebook and since HP, Dell and other vendors released new notebooks based on Intel Sandy Bridge this would be the perfect time to replace my current MacBook Pro with a new Windows Laptop.
So basically I made this HP Elitebook comparison for all Important things for me based on the Swiss data. (In Switzerland not every model is available.) I also took always the best available option for me.
|Probook 6460b||Probook 6560b||Elitebook 8460p||Elitebook 8560p||Elitebook 8460w||Elitebook
|Graphics||AMD HD 6470M 512MB||AMD HD 6470M 512MB||AMD HD 6470M 1GB||AMD HD 6470M 1GB||AMD FirePro M3900 1GB||AMD FirePro M5950 1GB|
|Display||14.0 1600×900||15.6 1600×900||14.0 1600×900||15.6 1920×1080||14.0 1600×900||15.6 1920×1080|
|Battery life||okay||okay||very good||good||good||bad|
|incl. warranty||1 year||1 year||3 years||3 years||3 years||3 years|
Maybe there are some mistakes in this chart but the most things should be right. And I don’t say one is better than the other one, clearly they are made for different tasks and workloads.
- I will add a Intel SSD
- I will use 8GB RAM
- I will not use an optical drive
What’s important for me:
- I need long battery life up 6-8h (more would be better)
- I need fast disk speed. Since I used a SSD I will never use a HDD again.
- I don’t need a lot of graphic power
- Resolution should be 1600×900 or higher
- the notebook should be light and not to think
- CPU power, should be enough to run Hyper-V for demos (boot from VHD)