Just got the information that Cisco made the Nexus 1000v for Hyper-V available for download.
What is the Cisco Nexus 1000v
Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches provide a comprehensive and extensible architectural platform for virtual machine (VM) and cloud networking. The switches are designed to accelerate server virtualization and multitenant cloud deployments in a secure and operationally transparent manner. Integrated into the Windows Server 2012 Extensible Switch, and fully compatible with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 SP1, the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series provides:
- Advanced virtual machine networking based on Cisco NX-OS operating system and IEEE 802.1Q switching technology
- Cisco vPath technology for efficient and optimized integration of virtual network services
- Tight integration with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 SP1
- Layer 2 Switching with Transmit side Rate Limiting
- Security Policy Mobility, inbuilt support for Private VLANs with local PVLAN Enforcement
- Provisioning Port Profiles with deep Integration with SCVMM
- Traffic Visibility, including VM Migration Tracking, NetFlow v.9 with NDE, Cisco Discovery Protocol v.2
- And more…
You can download the Nexus 1000v from the Cisco WebsiteTags: 1000v, Cisco, Cisco Nexus 1000v, Cisco Nexus 1000v for Hyper-V, Hyper-V, Microsoft, Nexus, System Center, Virtual Machine Manager, Virtual Switch, Virtualization, Windows Server, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 Last modified: January 7, 2019
Thx for the post. Same with 2012 R2. I waiting for vhdx resize at live mode.
As far as I know Cisco Nexus 1000V is integrated into Hyper-V Extensible Switch. What do you think of 5nine products, which use the same approach and provide similar functionality + agentless antivirus?
I didn’t had time to test 5Nine but maybe I will in the coming weeks :) I think they have a really good solution :)