At the Worldwide Partner Conference 2014 Cisco and Microsoft announced a multi-year sales and go-to-market agreement designed to modernize data centers through the delivery and acceleration of integrated solutions. This will focus on bringing a deeper integration between the datacenter technologies of both companies. This includes Cisco UCS and Nexus products as well as Microsoft’s CloudOS solutions based Windows Server, Hyper-V, System Center, SQL Server and Microsoft Azure.
- Cisco and Microsoft agree to a three-year go-to-market plan focused on transforming data centers through the delivery of integrated solutions for enterprise customers and service providers.
- In year one, the companies will focus on six countries — the United States, Canada, UK, Germany, France, and Australia — with expansion to additional countries in the following years.
- Cisco and Microsoft will align partner incentive programs to accelerate solutions selling via mutual channel partners.
- Cisco and Microsoft sales teams will work together on cloud and data center opportunities, including an initial program focused on the migration of Windows 2003 customers to Windows 2012 R2 on the Cisco UCS platform.
- Integrated solutions will focus on private cloud, server migration, service provider, and SQL Server 2014
- Cisco technologies to include Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus switching, Cisco UCS Manager with System Center integration modules, and Cisco PowerTool.
- Cisco-based integrated infrastructure solutions will include FlexPod with NetApp and Cisco Solutions for EMC VXPEX.
- Microsoft technology includes Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2, PowerShell, Microsoft Azure and SQL Server 2014
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure and Cisco InterCloud Fabric to be integrated in the solutions in future releases
Source and More information: www.streetinsider.com
As you may know I am a Microsoft MVP and a Cisco Champion and I really like doing project with Cisco Hardware since they do a lot of integration with the Microsoft Stack especially System Center and PowerShell. In my opinion this could be a strong partnership and will make life of a lot of people a lot easier.Tags: Azure, Cisco, Cisco UCS, Cloud, Datacenter, EMC, Fabric, FlexPod, Hardware, Hyper-V, Microsoft, Microsoft Azure, NetApp, PowerShell, SQL Server, System Center, UCS, Virtual Machine Manager, Virtualization, Windows, Windows Server Last modified: July 15, 2014