If you need to install Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 on a Server with a 3ware 9650SE Raidcontroller, you can’t just install it on this machine, you can’t even install it with adding the driver during the installation process.
- First Update the Raid Controller Firmware by downloading the Codeset ISO from the 3ware Download page UPDATED (Version 9.5.1 or higher).
- Burn the ISO file and boot this CD
- Update the Firmware
- Reboot with the Windows Server 2008 R2 DVD
- During the Boot (right after “Press any key to boot from CD/DVD…”) of the CD press F8 and choose “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement”
- Now you can add the Raid Controller Driver (Version 9.5.1 or higher) via USB Stick, Floppy, CD or DVD.
IMPORTANT: You can not add the Driver without an updated Firmware
- After you have installed your Windows Server 2008 R2 you can download the latest Drivers and Firmware form here (Version 10.2). I could not found any Codeset ISO with Version 10.2, thats why you have to update first to 9.5.1 (or 9.5.3).
This needs to be done for all Windows Server 2008 R2 Server and Windows Server 2008 Editions.Tags: 3ware 9650SE, 3ware 9650SE Raidcontroller, 9650SE, Driver, Firmware, Microsoft, Microsoft Windows Server, Raid, Raid Controller, Windows Server, windows server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, x64, x86 Last modified: April 9, 2019