In the first two posts we did all the preperation for the System Center 2012 Unified Installer. Now in this post we are going finally to run the Unified Installer.
- System Center 2012 Unified Installer – Step by Step – Part 1
- System Center 2012 Unified Installer – Step by Step – Part 2
- System Center 2012 Unified Installer – Step by Step – Part 3
- Start the System Center Unified Installer
- The System Center Unified Installer is not made for production so read the warning and click okay.
- Choose the System Center components you want to install.
- Set the component media Location for each System Center product
- Accept the License Terms for Configuration Manager and the Prerequisite License Terms
- Choose the Prerequisite Meida Locations
- Specify the Installation Location
- Select the System Center Target servers
- Select System Center Service Accounts
- provide some additional Setup information
- Check the summary and click install
- Now the System Center Unified Installer will Setup the first Server with System Center Orchestrator
- After Orchestrator is deployed, it will Launch some Orchestrator runbooks to install the other System Center parts.
- After all products are installed, SCUI will do a cleanup
- And about 3 hours later you are done
I think this is very cool and can you save a lot of time if you are doing a Proof of Concept or a Lab deployment of the System Center products.Tags: Microsoft, Private Cloud, SCAC, SCCM, SCDPM, SCO, SCOM, SCSM, SCVMM, setup, System Center, System Center 2012, Unified Installer Last modified: May 9, 2012
Excellent guide. Will there are be a new guide on how to install SC 2012 SP1 unified installer on server 2012 and sql 2012 editon? Searched the web for the guide – can’t find one for server 2012/sql 2012. Hence the request.
At the moment there is no Unified Installer for SP1, You would have to recreated all the orchestrator runbooks for the unifed installer by yourself.
Great guide, one query I have is that do all the target servers are required to be running at the time of install?
is it ok if if I boot up the server when a component on that server is getting installed?
Asking because I have my target servers running as vms and it is not possible (my hardware) to run more than 5 servers at a time.
In wait of your response.