Microsoft just announced a new VMware migration offer for Windows Server 2016. In a nutshell: If you switch from VMware to Hyper-V from during September 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017, you can get free Windows Server Datacenter licenses when buying Windows Server Datacenter + Software Assurance. That ultimately means customers only pay for Software Assurance.
Microsoft also released a new TCO calculator to compare VMware and Hyper-V, which you can find here: VMware Shift
There are also a lot of great technical reasons to switch from VMware to Hyper-V. Check out my blog post about What’s new in Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V to get an overview about new features.
To get started just follow these steps:
To be eligible for the VMware migration offer, customers must follow these steps:
- Step 1: Engage your account executive or sales rep to begin the process.
- Step 2: Identify virtualized workloads to migrate and specify the Windows Server Datacenter cores required.
- Step 3: Provide your account executive proof of eligibility. (Offer applicable to customers migrating from VMware to Microsoft).
- Step 4: Engage your partner to start the migration process.
- Step 5: Receive free Windows Server Datacenter licenses with Software Assurance and pay only the cost of Software Assurance to kick start your migration.
Feel free to contact us to help you switch!