To get the Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification, there are two new exams which you need to pass, the AZ-303: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies and the AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design exam. In this blog post, I am going to share my AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Certification Exam Study Guide with you. To learn and prepare for the exam, I usually use a couple of online resources, mainly Microsoft Docs and Microsoft Learn, which I am going to share with you. You can find more information about how I prepare for a Microsoft Certification exam on my blog post: How to prepare and pass Microsoft Certification Exam.
NOTE: Before starting with this exam, check out the new AZ-305 exam and my AZ-305 Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification Exam Study Guide.
Also, check out other Microsoft Azure Certification Exam Study Guides:
- Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam Study Guide
- Exam AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator Exam Study Guide
- Exam AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure Exam Study Guide
- Exam AZ-303: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Exam Study Guide
- Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies Exam Study Guide
- Exam AZ-600: Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub Exam Study Guide
- Exam AZ-700: Microsoft Azure Network Engineer Exam Study Guide
- Exam SC-900: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals Exam Study Guide
- Exam DP-300: Azure Database Administrator Exam Study Guide
Here is my AZ-304 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Certification Exam Study Guide
It is essential to get familiar with the exam objectives and skills measured first. That is why I recommend reading the description of the exam and the skills measured.
Exam AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design
Candidates for this exam are Azure Solutions Architects who advise stakeholders and translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions.
Candidates should have advanced experience and knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance. This role requires managing how decisions in each area affects an overall solution.
Candidates must have expert-level skills in Azure administration and have experience with Azure development processes and DevOps processes.
The high-level view of the skills measured in the exam:
- Design Monitoring (10-15%)
- Design Identity and Security (25-30%)
- Design Data Storage (15-20%)
- Design Business Continuity (10-15%)
- Design Infrastructure (25-30%)
You can find more information on the exam website.
Free Online Microsoft Learn AZ-304 Exam Study Guide resources
Microsoft Learn provides you with free online training and learning paths for different Microsoft technologies. They not just offer reading material, but also control questions and free online labs. Here are some relevant Microsoft Learn modules and learning paths for the AZ-304 Microsoft Azure Architect Design Certification Exam. Microsoft Learn is an important part of my AZ-304 exam study guide.
- Architect great solutions in Azure
- Architect network infrastructure in Azure
- Architect a data platform in Azure
- Architect storage infrastructure in Azure
- Architect compute infrastructure in Azure
- Architect infrastructure operations in Azure
- Architect migration, business continuity, and disaster recovery in Azure
- Architect modern applications in Azure
- Architect secure infrastructure in Azure
Microsoft Docs AZ-304 study guide resources
One thing I always used to prepare for my Microsoft exams is Microsoft Docs. Here are the relevant Microsoft Docs which I used to prepare and study for the AZ-304 exam.