What’s new Windows Azure Pack Update Rollup 6
Microsoft just released Update Rollup 6 for Windows Azure Pack on April 28. Microsoft fixes some bugs and added some highly requested features from User Voice as well.
- Tenants can now create a checkpoint of a Virtual Machine and restore it at will when needed.
- VMM Users can now deploy and manage Generation 2 VMs through VM Roles using WAP and the corresponding UR6 SPF Resource Provider
- Added support to maintain Data Consistency between the SQL Resource Provider configured properties for resources with the actual provisioned resources on the SQL Server Hosting machine(s).
- Added support for Webjobs in Windows Azure Pack Websites. This functionality offers creation of Webjobs to be executed manually or continuously in the background.
- Tenants can now use deployment slots associated to their websites. Web app content and configurations elements can be swapped between two deployment slots, including the production slot.
- Administrator can take advantage of DSC to deploy the update across a distributed environment.
- Windows Azure Pack Websites can now take advantage of the HttpPlatformHandler to host Java and other runtimes.
- Updates to Management Pack
- Synthetic Transactions
- Resource Governor Error Monitors
- Monitor Certificate Validation Disabled
- High Priority Bug Fixes