In July Microsoft released the beta of the Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 2012 and two weeks ago Microsoft released the final of the Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 2012 (VMST 2012). I already did a post how you can update offline VHDs via Virtual machine Servicing Tool.
Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 2012 streamlines the process of keeping your offline virtual machines, templates and VHDs up-to-date with the latest operating system and application updates, without introducing vulnerabilities into your IT infrastructure. VMST 2012 helps you effectively manage the workflow of updating your offline virtual machines according to their individual needs.
Using features in VMST 2012, customers can service:
- Offline virtual machines in a SCVMM library.
- Stopped and saved state virtual machines on a host.
- Virtual machine templates.
- Offline virtual hard disks in a SCVMM library by injecting update packages.
VMST 2012 works seamlessly with other Microsoft technologies.
VMST 2012 is designed to work with Microsoft® System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) and with the following technologies:
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) WSUS 3.0 SP2.
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
You can find the Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 2012 in the Microsoft Download Center.