I am currently preparing for the new Microsoft exam AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator, which was announced to replace the AZ-103 exam. There are many great resources out there to prepare for the exam, that’s why I want to share my AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Exam Study Guide with you. To learn and prepare for the exam, I usually use a couple of online resources, mainly Microsoft Docs and Microsoft Learn, which I am going to share with you. You can find more information about how I prepare for a Microsoft Certification exam on my blog post: How to prepare and pass Microsoft Certification Exam.
NOTE: This exam will be available on or around March 31, 2020.
Here is my AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Exam Study Guide
It is essential to get familiar with the exam objectives and skills measured first. That is why I recommend reading the description of the exam and the skills measured.
Exam AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator
The Azure Administrator implements, manages, and monitors identity, governance, storage, compute, and virtual networks in a cloud environment. The Azure Administrator will provision, size, monitor, and adjust resources as appropriate.
Candidates should have a minimum of six months of hands-on experience administering Azure. Candidates should have a strong understanding of core Azure services, Azure workloads, security, and governance. Candidates for this exam should have experience in using PowerShell, the Command Line Interface, Azure Portal, and ARM templates.
The high-level view of the skills measured in the exam:
- Manage Azure identities and governance (15-20%)
- Implement and manage storage (10-15%)
- Deploy and manage Azure compute resources (25-30%)
- Configure and manage virtual networking (30-35%)
- Monitor and back up Azure resources (10-15%)
You can find more information on the exam website.
Free Online Microsoft Learn AZ-104 Exam Study Guide resources
Microsoft Learn provides you with free online training and learning paths for different Microsoft technologies. They not just offer reading material, but also control questions and free online labs. Here are some relevant Microsoft Learn modules and learning paths for the AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Exam. Microsoft Learn is an important part of my AZ-104 exam study guide.
- Administer infrastructure resources in Azure (12 Modules)
- Architect storage infrastructure in Azure (7 Modules)
- Architect network infrastructure in Azure (12 Modules)
- Architect infrastructure operations in Azure (5 Modules)
- Architect compute infrastructure in Azure (9 Modules)
- Architect migration, business continuity, and disaster recovery in Azure (9 Modules)
- Manage resources in Azure (6 Modules)
- Manage identity and access in Azure Active Directory (7 Modules)
- Manage security operations in Azure (8 Modules)
- Implement resource management security in Azure (6 Modules)
- Administer containers in Azure (6 Modules)
Microsoft Docs AZ-104 study guide resources
One thing I always used to prepare for my Microsoft exams is Microsoft Docs. Here are the relevant Microsoft Docs which I used to prepare and study for the AZ-104 exam.