In a couple of hours, I will catch my flight to Chicago with the rest of the itnetx team to join Microsoft Ignite 2015. I am looking forward to it and meet other enthusiasts around Microsoft Cloud solutions and of course, meeting with members of the Microsoft Product Group.
- My primary device is, of course, the Microsoft Surface Pro 3, which I use as my 3-in-1 device, replacing my notebook, tablet, and desktop using the Surface Pro 3 Docking Station. Of course, it is running the latest Microsoft Windows 10 Insider Preview. Battery life I get is around 8 hours depending on what I am doing I get even some more.
- As my day to day phone, I use the Nokia Lumia 930, which is just a perfect device with a great camera to take a picture from the place I travel to and listen to music.
- Even I like the trackpad of the new Surface Pro 3 Type Cover, and I think I am more productive using a mouse. For that, I got the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition.
- I also got some Bose Quiet Comfort 25 Audio Headphones to listen to music. I like them because the audio is excellent and they are light and comfortable to wear and the active noise canceling works just great, especially on long flights. The integrated microphone is also pretty important to Lync or Skype for Business calls.
- When I am at a hotel, and I am working or writing some blog posts, I love to listen to music. For that, I use the Nokia MD-12 wireless Bluetooth speaker.
- To get some extra power, if I need it, I use the Nokia DC-18 portable Micro USB Charger and a Microsoft Portable Power DC-21.
- Of course, I am also carrying the Microsoft Band, which helps me tracks the steps I walk during Microsoft Ignite and the limited sleep I get during this event.
- For presentations, I got a Microsoft Mini-DisplayPort to HDMI and VGA adapter as well as the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, which acts as a Miracast Receiver and is great for presentations.
- I also carry a USB 3.0, but I don’t use a portable hard drive anymore since I got unlimited storage space on my OneDrive using Office 365.
- You might think to charge all these devices I need a lot of different power adapters, well that’s not true. I use the power adapter of the Microsoft Surface Pro 3, which also has a USB port for charging the phone, speaker, and other stuff.
I am looking forward to Ignite and meet some of you in Chicago.