With the latest Azure Portal refresh, Microsoft Azure got some new icons as well. If you want to draw some Azure architecture diagrams you can now download the latest Azure Architecture Icons from the Azure Architecture Center.
Customers and partners are permitted by Microsoft to use the Azure icons to create architecture diagrams. They are designed as a family. The icons can also be used in training manuals or documentation about a Microsoft product. The full name of the icon must always be used in proximity to the icon, but never locked to appear like a logo.
Also, make sure you aware of the do’s and don’ts on how to use the Azure Architecture Icons.
- Use the icon to illustrate how products can work together
- In diagrams, make sure to include the product name somewhere close to the icon
- In text, at first mention use the full product name: Microsoft Azure (insert name)
- Never put the product name so close to the icon that it appears to be a logo
- Don’t crop, flip or rotate icons
- Don’t distort or change icon shape in any way
- Don’t use Microsoft product icons to represent your product or service
To download the Azure Architecture Icons go to the Microsoft Architecture Center. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment. If you are interested in becoming a Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, check out my exam study guides for AZ-303 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies and AZ-304 Microsoft Azure Architect Design.