This is a modified document which I wrote for a Microsoft Workshop at KTSI. It’s a Desgin, Step by Step and a Troubleshooting Guide for Microsoft DirectAccess. This is made for SMB or LAB environments not for Enterprise Deployments.
I hope this guide can help you deploy DirectAccess in your environment and you can enjoy DirectAccess like I do
Some days ago I compared the new HP EliteBook and ProBook series. Now I decided to buy the HP EliteBook 8460w mobile workstation. I think this is the best option between performance and batterylife.
Here the 8460w configuration I ordered:
- HP EliteBook 8460w Mobile Workstation
- Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor (2.0 GHz, 6 MB L3 Cache)
- Mobile Intel QM67 chipset
- 14.0-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD+ anti-glare (1600 x 900) with 720p HD Webcam
- AMD FirePro™ M3900 w/1 GB gDDR3
- 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2D)
- 500 GB 7200 rpm 2.5-inch hard drive
- DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL Drive
- DualPoint (TouchPad and PointStick)
- Intel Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 (3×3)
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology 2.1
- TPM & Fingerprint
- HP 9-Cell 100 Wh Li-Ion Battery
- 56K v.92 high speed modem
- HP Elite Support with limited 3 year standard parts and labor warranty 3/3/3
As I said the main reasons for me to buy this notebook, are the performance, the form factor, the batterylife and of coure the design. I am sure the EliteBook 8460p would be enought performance for me, but I really like the color of the EliteBook w-series notebooks.
Since HP will not release the EliteBook 8460w in Europe I ordered the notebook directly in the HP Online Store with my myus.com account.
After some years with my Apple MacBook Pro its time for a new notebook. Now since my work now is really in the Microsoft field, it does not really make sence to buy a MacBook Pro again. So first I check out the new Dell Latitude E-Series, and now HP released the new Elitebook Workstations.
Now I don’t really like the new HP Elitebook p-series, but I really like the black desgin of the ProBook or the new gunmetal black of the Elitebook w-series.
What is important for me:
- Screen resolution – 1600 x 900 or even 1920 x 1200
- battery – life 6 hours or more
- Size 14 inch or 15 inch
- cool desgin
- docking station
- multiple monitor support
If you need more information you can get them here.
Microsoft released the new Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1). With this update you also have the new Hyper-V Manager Console for Hyper-V with SP1 and features like Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX.
You can Download the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) here.
Here we go. Now the new Dell Latitude E-Series is now in the Dell Online Store. I think the new Latitude E-Series are one of the best deals you can get at the moment. And I really like the option for the 15.6in UltraSharp FHD(1920×1080) Wide View Anti-Glare LED-backlit display.