Today Microsoft released System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 SP1. Serivce Pack 1 for Virtual Machine Manager enable the new features from Windows Server 2008 SP1 or Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1 like Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX.
This Guide shows you how you can upgrade System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 to Service Pack 1.
- Download System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 from here or from MSDN or your Partner Network.
- Start Setup.exe
- The installer will automatically find existing installations of SCVMM 2008 R2 and will start the upgrade
- The installer finds all installed components
- Choose Database connection
- Now the update is completed. If you have not installed the latest Updates for SCVMM 2008 R2 you also have to update the Agents on the Hyper-V Servers. If you have already installed the latest SCVMM 2008 R2 updates you don’t have to update the agents.