SCVMM 2012 SP1 Error: Windows network virtualization is not enabled on a host NIC available for placement
If you are running Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V hosts and you are managing them with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 SP1 and you are running VM Networks with Network Virtualization you can get the following error when you try to deploy a new Virtual Machine to the Hyper-V host.
“Windows network virtualization is not enabled on a host NIC available for placement”
This happens if:
- You create a Logical Network with Network Virtualization enabled
- You add the Logical Network to a Host Adapter or a Logical Switch on the Hyper-V host
- You create a Isolated VM Network
- Deploy a new Virtual Machine with the VM Network.
- Enable the Windows Network Virtualization Filter driver on the Hyper-V host
If you are running this on a Team you have to enable the Windows Network Virtualization Filter driver on the Network Adapter Team.