Yesterday Microsoft released the Linux Integration Services for Hyper-V Version 3.3. The Installation is pretty much the same as with version 3.2. You can check out my blog post about Install CentOS on Windows 8 Hyper-V for the installation.
Linux Integration Services Version 3.3 for Microsoft Hyper-V Features
When installed on a virtual machine that is running a supported Linux operating system, Linux Integration Services for Hyper-V provides the following functionality:
- Driver support: Linux Integration Services supports the network controller, and the IDE and SCSI storage controllers that were developed specifically for Hyper-V.
- Fastpath boot support for Hyper-V: Boot devices now take advantage of the block Virtualization Service Client (VSC) to provide enhanced performance.
- Timesync: The clock inside the virtual machine will remain synchronized with the clock on the virtualization server with the help of the pluggable time source device.
- Integrated shutdown: Virtual machines running Linux can be shut down from either Hyper-V Manager or System Center Virtual Machine Manager by using the “Shut Down” command.
- Symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) support: Supported Linux distributions can use up to 4 virtual processors per virtual machine. SMP support is not available for 32-bit Linux guest operating systems running on Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V or Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008.
- Heartbeat: Allows the virtualization server to detect whether the virtual machine is running and responsive.
- KVP (Key-Value Pair) Exchange: Information about the running Linux virtual machine can be obtained by using the Key-Value Pair Exchange functionality on the Windows Server 2008 virtualization server.
- Integrated mouse support: The cursor is no longer bound to the VMConnect window when used with the Linux Graphical user interface.
Supported Virtualization Server Operating Systems
This version of Linux Integration Services supports the following versions of Hyper-V:
- Windows Server® 2008 Standard, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, and Windows Server 2008 Datacenter (64-bit versions only)
- Microsoft® Hyper-V Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
- Windows 8 Release Preview (NEW)
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 (NEW)
- Windows Server 2012 (NEW)
Supported Guest Operating Systems
This version of Linux Integration Services supports the following guest operating systems and virtual CPU (vCPU) configurations:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0-6.2 x86 and x64 (Up to 4 vCPU)
- CentOS 6.0-6.2 x86 and x64 (Up to 4 vCPU)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0-6.2 x86 and x64 (Up to 32 vCPU when used on a Windows 8 Release Preview or Windows Server 2012 host)
- CentOS 6.0-6.2 x86 and x64 (Up to 32 vCPU when used on a Windows 8 Release Preview or Windows Server 2012 host)
Other supported operating systems (including SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5) should use the version of Linux Integration Services available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=eee39325-898b-4522-9b4c- f4b5b9b64551.