With System Center Virtual Machine Manager you could use Server App-V packages to deploy application via VMM Service templates. Before you could deploy a new App-V package the sequencer had to monitor the application installation and created a App-V package. This package could be added to a Service Template and deployed via Virtual Machine Manager.
Today Microsoft announced the availability of the Server App-V Remote Application Packager. The Server App-V Remote Application Packager allows you to package an already installed application following the basic workflow below.
The new Server App-V Remote Application Packager works like this:
- Install the Server App-V Sequencer and Remote Application Packager on your sequencing server
- Launch the Server App-V Sequencer and select a custom installation workflow
- Launch the Remote Application Packager, when the Sequencer is ready for you to run an installer
- Provide the machine name with the natively installed applications
- Select the applications you want to package and click start
- The Sequencer copies over your application and produces a Server App-V package
That easy and your natively installed applications can now enjoy the benefits of easy and flexible deployment using Server App-V and VMM Service Templates.
Get more information on the Server App-V team blog post: Introducing the Server App-V Remote Application Packager and get the Server App-V Remote Application Packager.