VMware vSphere 4
VMware announced today VMware vSphere 4 former known as VMware Infrastructure. The main new Feature is the Cloud Computing function. VMware Sphere 4 has also other new possibilities.
- up to 8 virtual CPUs in a VM (instead of 4 CPU’s)
- up to 10 virtual Network Adapters in a VM (instead of 4 Network Adapters)
- up to 255GB RAM in a VM (instead of 64GB)
- speed advantages
vSphere now supports:
- 32 physical Servers
- 2048 CPU Cores
- 1280 virtual Machines
- 32TB RAM
- 16PB Storage
- 8000 Network Adapters
VMware releases the new product this summer. Press releases:
Starting with Microsoft Windows PowerShell v1
Windows PowerShell on a Mac
Just a little HowTo for the installation of the HP Management Tools (HP Management Agents for VMware ESX Server 3.x) on an ESX 3.5 Server.
- First copy the hpmgmt-8.2.0-vmware3x.tar (download link) on your ESX Server in an user directory. You may use WinSCP on your Windows machine.
- unpack the .tar file. type “tar -xf hpmgmt-8.2.0-vmware3x.tar” (you may use PuTTY to connect on the ESX Server Console form a remote Windows machine)
- Now start the installer file which should be in the directory /hpmgmt/820/. To run this file you should login as root (type “su” in the console and login with the root password). Now type “./installvm820.sh –install” to install the HP Management Agents.
- The Installer will ask you to open the port 2381 (HP Managment Homepage) and 2301 (HP Insight Manager).
- After the this Setup you can login on the HP Managment Homepage on the ESX Server (https://esxserver:2381)